the year 2014 was fantastic and I am absolutley grateful, though I did not read as much as I would have loved to. Click here to find out why. I read a total of 15 books.
Please click on the links below, in order to read their reviews
- The Rape of Sita by Lindsey Collen (Mauritius)
- Houseboy by Ferdinand Oyono (Cameroon)
- The Hangman's Replacement by Taona Dumisani Chiveneko (Zimbabwe)
- We Need New Names by Noviolet Bulawayo (Zimbabwe)
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Nigerian)
- Unwinding Thread Women in Africa (Charlotte H. Bruner). Collection of stories
- By The Sea by Abdulrazak Gurnah (Tanzania)
- The Consequences of Love by Sulaiman Addonia (Ethiopia)
- Cloth Girl by Marilyn Heward Mills (Ghana)
- Three Strong Women by Marie Ndiaye (Senegal-France)
- The Boy Next Door by Irene Sabatini (Zimbabwe)
- Lyrics Alley by Leila Aboulela (Sudan)
- Anthills of the Savannah by Chinua Achebe (Nigeria)
- A Man of the People by Chinua Achebe (Nigerian)
- Head Above Water by Buchi Emecheta (Nigerian)
What about you? How was your reading in 2014? I hope it was better than mine.
Happy New Reading 2015
Hello, Mary. I didn't read nearly enough books last year either, but I did manage to read Americanah; it was a highlight of the year for me.ReplyDelete
P.S: Happy New Year to you too. :)
Americanah was pretty interesting, Will write about it later.
Thank you and happy reading.
Happy new year to you too Mary. I am reading Charming Yellow, and I wish you all the best. Be blessed.ReplyDelete
Wish in you the same and Thank you, I look forward to reading your comments.Delete
Happy New Year, Mary. I've read four books on your list.ReplyDelete
Hi Nana, which of them have you read?Delete