Your starting point on African literature reviews and more. A voracious reader who takes pleasure in reading books by African writers. In 2009, my love for books led me to Shelfari. Whereupon, I started searching for African Literature blogs, however, it was of no avail. Thereby, I decided to create Mary Okeke Reviews. Interestingly, following that, I stumbled upon many fascinating blogs promoting African literature with so much zeal. Herein, you can still find some reviews that do not belong to the African Literature. All in all, I hope you enjoy your time here. Please, do not hesitate to leave your comments.
Since I have been requested to read and review a good number of novels on my blog, and quite a few I have turned down, I thought it would be wise to write a review policy. I review African literature.
- All books sent to me are considered for review.
- I read first pages, if it kindles my interest, I'll go ahead and devour it.
- I write my blog out of passion. I owe myself and my readers the truth. Therefore, I write my opinion.
- If you want your novel to be read and reviewed on a particular date, please contact me 6-8 weeks before the particular date.
- I accept books in the following format odf, epub, html, doc, txt, rtf, fb2, prc, jpg, gif, png, bmp, mp3, words and pdf. However, I prefer hard copies.
- I do not read fantasy, self-help, religious, science fiction books, even though they belong to the African literature.
- Sadly enough, I do not read and review poetry books. I'd rather read poetry in small doses.
- I reserve the right to accept or reject a request.
- Links to my reviews are posted on my blog, Goodreads, Google +, Twitter, Facebook,
- Please click here to contact me
5 Stars ***** = I Loved It
4 Stars **** = I Really Liked It
3 Stars *** = I Liked It
2 Stars ** = I Didn't Like It
1 Star * = ?